Ruinous, with N and S walls of nave, S wall of chancel and chancel arch remaining. Exterior angle shaft on SE corner of nave. Plain pointed chancel arch. W gable and N and E walls of chancel missing. Some stones from a round tower (demolished in 1838) remain on site, and these and various carved and moulded stones from 12thc. church are reused in walls of church and graveyard enclosure. Nave and chancel, 13.05 m x 7.52 m and 5.58 m x 6.09 m (Westropp).
A monastery was founded here by St Blathmac (date uncertain). A Romanesque crozier of c.1100 and two bronze bells from the church are preserved (Dublin, NMI). Round tower demolished 1838.
|d.||0.38 m (originally height)|
|h.||0.28 m (originally depth)|
|h.||0.26 m (originally width)|
|w.||0.76 m (originally height)|
|d.||approx. 0.33 m|
|d.||approx. 0.38 m|
|width of decorated surround||0.84 m (including border)|
|w. of recessed area||0.30 m|