The village of Badsworth is in West Yorkshire, 6 miles SE of Pontefract. Overtly Dec. and Perp., the church has two reset fragments which are evidence for a 12thc. church. According to faculties at the Borthwick Institute alterations were made to the church in 1877 and 1902.
In 1086 the holding at Badsworth (9 carucates and 5 bovates), held by Ilbert de Lacy, included a church and a priest.
|max. w.||0.215 m|
|min w.||0.175 m|
|projects from wall||0.16 m|
N. Pevsner and E. Radcliffe, The Buildings of England. Yorkshire: West Riding, Harmondsworth, 1967, 88.