Linton is 8 miles N of Skipton in Yorkshire. Near the river Wharfe, where there is a famous set of stepping stones, the squat medieval church of St Michael has N and S aisles enclosing nave and chancel, and a square bellcote at the W end of the nave roof. Restored 1861 (Leach and Pevsner, 2009, 574). Part of the N nave arcade and chancel arch responds are 12thc., while the chancel arch itself and the S arcade are 13thc. There is a plain 12thc. font. and some reset capitals.
DB does not mention a church here.
|Pier 1, h. of capital with impost and necking||0.265m|
|w. of impost||0.67m|
|d. of interior bowl||0.285m|
|h. of font||0.625m|
P. Leach and N. Pevsner, Yorkshire West Riding: Leeds, Bradford and the North (Yale, 2009).
N. Pevsner, Yorkshire: West Riding. The Buildings of England (Harmondsworth, 1959), 2nd. ed. rev.E. Radcliffe (1967).
J. E. Wright, The Parish Church of St. Michael and all Angels, Linton-in-Craven, North Yorkshire (1991).