The nave of the church probably dates from the 14thc. and the chancel dates from the 1860s. The only Romanesque feature is a very simple font.
Edward of Salisbury held Etchilhampton in 1086. William Malwain held land in Wiltshire, possibly at Etchilhampton, in 1176, and had clearly acquired the manor by 1195. A church was built at Etchilhampton in the later 14thc. It was annexed to the church of All Cannings as a chapel, apparently from its foundation.
|Circumference at top of bowl||2.18 m|
|Height of bowl||0.37 m|
|Height of shaft||0.61 - 0.63 m|
N. Pevsner and B. Cherry, The Buildings of England: Wiltshire. Harmondsworth 1975, 2nd edition, 32, 241-42.
A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 10. Victoria County History, London 1975, 71-7.