Nave and chancel church. The nave and E wall are largely 15thc., the side walls of the chancel (5.5m x 4.4 externally) are 12thc. The fabric incorporates two early cross inscribed slabs and an ogham stone.
The monastery was plundered by Norsemen in 833. In 912 Cormac Mac Cuileannan, bishop and vice abbot of Lismore, King of Déisi and abbot of Cell-Mo-Laise was martyred here.
M.J.C. Buckley, 'Notes on Kilmolash Church, near Cappoquin County Waterford'. Journal of the Waterford and South-East Ireland Archaeological Society, 2, (1896) 212-20.
A. Gywnn and R.N.Hadcock; Medieval Religious Houses Ireland. (London, 1970) 394
T. O'Keeffe, 'Lismore and Cashel: reflections on the Beginnings of Romanesque Architecture in Munster'. JRSAI, 124, 1994, 118-151
P. Power, 'The Ancient Ruined Churches of Waterford'. Journal of the Waterford and South-East Ireland Archaeological Society, 4, 1898, 89-92.