The north doorway of the nave is the only 12thc. survival. Most of the building dates from the 13thc. though its details were renewed in the 15thc. A short west tower was added in the 15th or 16thc.
The church is poorly documented, and does not appear in the historical record until the 1291 Taxatio when it is valued at £ 7. 9s. 4d.
|Height of opening||1.88 m|
|Width of opening||1.03 m|
N. Pevsner and B. Cherry, Buildings of England: Wiltshire. Harmondsworth 1975, 2nd ed, 367.
A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 15, Amesbury Hundred, Branch and Dole Hundred, Victoria County History, London, 1995, 227-234.