The church has a Norman nave with surviving narrow windows with deep splays and a chancel that was built in the 13thc. In the nave the north and south doors date from the 12thc. while the church contains an unusual stone chair that may belong to the 13thc.
Rodbourne is a village whose lands formed a long and narrow tithing and chapelry in the southeast corner of Malmesbury parish. Until a vicarage of Malmesbury was ordained between 1191 and the mid 13thc., the chapel may have been served from Malmesbury abbey.
|Height of opening||1.69 m|
|Width of opening||0.76 m|
|Height of opening||1.92 m|
|Height of tympanum||0.46 m|
|Width of opening||1.02 m|
|Width of tympanum||1.18 m|
J. Buckler, Unpublished album of drawings. Devizes Museum, Vol. 8, pl. 66.
N. Pevsner and B. Cherry, Buildings of England: Wiltshire. Harmondsworth 1975, 2nd edition, 382.
A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 14, Malmesbury Hundred. Victoria County History, London 1991, 165-8.