The church consists of a chancel, N and S aisles, nave and W tower and S porch. The earliest part of the existing structure is the lower part of the tower, which is 13thc., the remainder of the tower being Perp faced with Ancaster stone. The chancel and nave date from the 14thc. There is a very fine 14thc. piscina and sedilia on the S side of the chancel. The font is the only Romanesque feature.
There was a berewick of the king's manor of Orston here in 1086. Roger de Bully's man Roger had a further holding, and Walkelin held land here from Walter d'Aincourt. There is no mention of of either a church or a priest in any of these holdings.
|ext. diameter of tub||0.75 m|
|h. (incl. circular base)||0. 91 m|
|h. of tub (excl. circular base)||0.51 m|
|int. diam. of tub||0.65 m|