The church consists of a nave, a chancel and a bell-turret. The S door of the nave is an elaborate mixture of 12th-century and probably 19th-century carving. The N door incorporates some elements from the 12th century though their arrangement is later.
In 1066 and 1086, Whaddon was held by Ælfric of Melksham. There was land for 2 ploughs, a mill, meadow and pasture, all worth 20s. No church is mentioned.
|Height of opening to apex of arch||1.75m|
|Height of opening to top of abacus||1.56m|
|Width of opening||0.83m|
|Height of opening||1.97m|
|Height of tympanum||0.44m|
|Width of opening||1.14m|
F. Arnold-Forster, Studies in Church Dedications or England’s Patron Saints, London 1899, III, 304.
J. Buckler, Unpublished album of drawings. Devizes Museum, Volume VIII, Plate 69.
N. Pevsner and B. Cherry, Buildings of England: Wiltshire. Harmondsworth 1975, 2nd edition, 570-1.
Victoria County History of Wiltshire Volume VII, 171-4, esp. 173-4.