The church has a chancel dating from the 13thc. and a 15thc. tower. However, its appearance is predominantly the result of a major restoration in 1863-4 by T.H. Wyatt. The font bowl dates from the 12thc.
The lord of Great and Little Wishford at the time of the Domesday Book was Wilton Abbey, and in 1086 it was valued at £4. The church was first recorded in 1207, when it was served by a rector.
|Diameter of bowl||0.72 m|
|Height of bowl||0.42 m|
A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 15, Amesbury Hundred, Branch and Dole Hundred, Victoria County History, London 1995, 284-94, esp. 303-4.
N. Pevsner and B. Cherry, Buildings of England: Wiltshire. Harmondsworth 1975, 2nd edition, 593-94.