The church of St. Feoca is mostly 19thc., but retains a south aisle arcade of the 15thc. with plain capitals and five four-centred arches. Some of the doorways and windows are also 15thc.
The detached 13thc. bell tower is a sturdy square stone building with battered wall set over a basement. It has a single doorway with a simple pointed arch, small louvred ventilators to the bell storey, and a pyramidal slate roof.
Romanesque sculpture can be found on the font.
Records of a church on the same site as the present building date from the 13thc., but all that remains is the detached bell tower. The position of the tower, on higher ground at the top of the churchyard and above the main church building, may have also acted as a look-out to the Fal river and Carrick Roads.
The church, including the chancel, nave, south aisle and transept, was renovated and enlarged in 1864. However, in 1874 the retired vicar, Thomas Phillpotts, became dissatisfied with the church and drew up plans for a new church. The old church was taken down, but much of the stonework of piers and arches, windows and doorways was incorporated into the new building, which was designed by Piers St. Aubyn and opened in 1876.
|Diameter of base||99 cm|
|Diameter of bowl||65.5 cm|
|Height of base||17 cm|
|Height of bowl||24 cm|
|Height of shaft||51.0 cm|
|Overall height||90.5 cm|
|Width of plinth||165 cm|
P. Beacham and N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England. Cornwall, New Haven and London (2014) 195-96.
C. D. North, St. Feock: the Saint, the Church, the Parish (guide by local expert).
Rev. E. J. Saunders, A short history and guide to the Parish and Church of St. Feock, Nr. Truro (Church guide).