The church comprises a 13thc. nave with N and S aisles, N and S transepts and a chancel. The NW tower stands over the W bay of the N aisle. The W front, apparently inspired by church facades in Western France, seems to date from the 1837 restoration by John Elliott.
Pagham was famously given to Wilfrid by King Cædwalla of the south Saxons in the 7thc. Pagham and its church are mentioned in the Domesday Book, at which time the village was held by the Archbishop of Canterbury. Throughout the 12thc. the Archbishops occasionally visited their palace at Pagham.
|h. of bowl||0.28 m|
|interior diam. of basin||0.56 m|
|max. length of sides||0.70 m|