The church is substantially of the 14thc. and consists of a nave with aisles of c.1400 to which a S porch and S chapel were added in the mid-15thc.; an aisleless chancel rebuilt by Bodley in 1872; and a W tower with boldly projecting angle buttresses dating from c.1400. Construction is of pebble and stone rubble with ashlar dressings. The only 12thc. carvings are chevron voussoirs reset in the N and S walls of the tower.
N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England. Cambridgeshire, Harmondsworth 1954 (2nd ed. 1970), 223-24.