All Saints has an aisled four-bay nave with clerestoreys, a S transept, an aisleless chancel and a W tower supporting a broach spire with two tiers of lucarnes. The S arcade is 13thc. and the N c. 1325. The chancel also dates from the 13thc., but the chancel arch was rebuilt c.1350. The S transept and the tower date from the 15thc. In the 16thc. the clerestorey was added to the nave and the N aisle was rebuilt. There was a major restoration by Slater and Carpenter in 1864, when the south transept, the south aisle clerestorey, the porch and the upper part of the spire were rebuilt. The spire was struck by lightning in 1935 and subsequently restored. Construction is of coursed stone rubble. The S doorway is the only 12thc. feature.
No church is mentioned in the Domesday Survey, but in 1086 the manor was held by Eustace the Sheriff. He held 5 hides which Oilard held from him; half a hide from the Abbot of Peterborough; and a further half hide was held from him by Widelard. The last two holdings were entered under Northamptonshire, and it was not until 1888 that the part of the parish formerly included in Polebrook Hundred (Northamptonshire) was wholly transferred to Huntingdonshire.
|h of opening||2.45 m|
|w of opening||1.07 m|