St Giles consists of a chancel, and a nave with a N aisle and a S doorway under a porch. The S doorway dates the church to the late 12thc.; the chancel and its arch were rebuilt c.1300, and in the late 14thc. the nave windows were replaced and the E bay of the arcade was rebuilt and widened. The exterior walls are of pebble rubble and stones, except for the S nave wall, which is of rough ashlar. The roofs are covered in tiles of mixed colours, producing an unfortunate chalet-like effect. The church was restored in 1842 when the porch and north wall of the aisle were rebuilt, and a bell-cote built on the west gable. The west wall was restored and the porch rebuilt again in 1903, and the chancel was restored in 1905.