St Andrew's has a clerestoreyed and aisled nave with three-bay 14thc. arcades. The chancel and its arch are 14thc. too, as are the clerestorey and the aisle windows. The chancel was in fact rebuilt in 1828. The W tower is of c.1300, and has a broach spire. What remains of the 12thc. church is the masonry at the SW angle of the nave and the S doorway, now reset and protected by a porch.
The great manor of Rothwell included half a hide in Broughton in 1086. The remaining hide and a half was held by Countess Judith. Between 1155 and 1166 Roger de Clare, earl of Hrtford, transferred land and the advowson of Broughton to the Cluniac house of nuns at Delapre, Northants.
Benefice of Broughton with Loddington and Cransley and Thorpe Malsor.
|h. of opening||2.10 m|
|w. of opening||1.15 m|