The church was restored in the 19thc., leaving few traces of the medieval structure. Two windows and a buttress on the N side are of 12thc. date. The church contains a Romanesque font.
Fernhurst is not mentioned in the Domesday Book. The chancel and nave were built in the 12th century, a S porch added by 1790 (Grimm drawing), and the S aisle, tower and vestry added in 1859 and 1881.
|circ. at bottom of bowl||2.35 m|
|circ. at top of bowl||2.39 m|
|ext. diam.||0.75 m|
|h. (excl. upper plinth)||0.57 m|
|h. (incl. upper plinth)||0.90 m|
|int. diam.||0.51 m|