Round headed, one order with
tympanum but no lintel. The
tympanum, a single block, is carved in relief with an
arcade of ten bays curving
around it, but is otherwise plain. The piers have
scribed lines for coursing and low block capitals, and the arches are
semicircular. Each bay contains a figure or object,
from L to R:
1. A disembodied human head floating under the arch.
2. A standing, clothed male figure facing R with his hand on the R
capital of the bay.
3. A disembodied or severed head on the ground between the
4. A simple throne facing R.
5. A frontal standing human figure in a long robe with full
6. A standing, male figure with bald head and beard, clothed in a
long robe and facing R. He touches the R capital with his L hand while holding
an object (rod, flail, sickle?) in his R.
7. A standing, clothed female(?) figure facing L and touching the L
capital with an extended hand.
8. A standing clothed figure facing front with each hand resting on
the capital alongside.
9. A standing, clothed bearded(?) figure facing L and touching the L
10. A tall, font-like object, narrow in the centre and flaring out
at top and bottom.
The first order jambs have replaced
shafts on modern bases.
The L capital has a single volute at the angle and
cable necking, the R capital a spidery
palmette on the angle and plain necking. Capitals support plain chamfered
imposts and a plain