St Nicholas' has an aisled nave, the aisles embracing the W tower, a N transept and a chancel with N vestry and W tower with no spire. The three-bay nave arcades belong to the early years of the 13thc., but are included here since they include a multi-scallop capital. Their round piers have been heightened considerably. Above them is a tall Perpendicular clerestorey, so that the nave is unusually high. This heightening is most spectacularly seen in the vertiginous tower arch. The aisles were rebuilt and extended W alongside the tower c.1300. The vestry has a two-bay quadripartite rib vault. The chancel was rebuilt in two phases, 1839-40 and 1857, and the remainder of the church was restored in 1869. Construction is of stone rubble except for the tower, which is ashlar faced. There are fragments of dogtooth reset high in the E gable of the nave.
Glatton was held by Count Eustace in 1086, and Domesday notes a church and a priest.